Facing Your Giants

My mom was reading this book while I was home and that title--facing your giants--has been in my head ever since. There are certain things looming over me right now like giants. The "empty" spaces on my CV. This new class that I've never taught. The wedding plans. And now, the job market--two of them.

I've been getting geared up mentally to deal with each of these and this week I really want to tackle the CV giant and finish one of these articles. I tried to do some work this weekend, but nothing happened. So I need to make a clearer plan for Monday and the rest of this week. I've already taken a lot of the "dissertationy" stuff out of Chapter Six but there are several things I need to do:
  • Reread the chopped down version in its entirety. Make sure none of the biographical background I took out needs to go back in.
  • Write a new section on current events (2-3 paragraphs).
  • Adjust the thesis to be more specific to this piece, rather than the entire dissertation.
  • Add in the new scholarly sources I found.
  • Make sure style is consistent with the journal.

I'll start on the first two tomorrow and go from there.

0 comments: