Conference on Academic Writing

I just ran across information on an organization that is new to me: TAA. According to their website:

TAA was established in 1987 as the Textbook Authors Association.
The association was for people interested in developing and publishing all kinds of educational materials, including textbooks, software, videos, monographs, reference books, newsletters, multimedia CD-ROM disks and others. TAA changed its name to Text and Academic Authors in 1993 to reflect the membership's interest in issues involving academic journals and other academic writing.
In these roles, TAA represents text and academic authors in matters involving them, including taxes, copyright and better appreciation of their work within academe.
Not secondarily, the association is committed to improving the quality of educational materials.


TAA's 2007 Conference will be in Buffalo, NY this June providing sessions in two tracks: textbooks authors & academic authors. This looks really interesting and of course the session on "dissertation to book" caught my eye.

Is this conference/organization just new to me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New to me as well. Thanks for the link.

RageyOne said...

this is the first I've heard of it.

Journey_Wmn said...

I'm just about to start working on my MA thesis and hope to go one to a PhD program after this do you think it would be helpful for me?

Mon said...

Jrnywmn I really don't know anything about this conference--I posted the info to see if anyone else had a feel for it. I think it definitely couldn't hurt to attend although you may find it more useful after you've started doctoral work. I imagine you could make some great contacts there though!