Organization for me is comforting--my own little anchor in the midst of a storm of chaos. I'm not as organized as I could be in one of my classes and it is driving me nuts. Hopefully I'll get back on track before the week is out. In the meantime, I'm determined to get organized about this wedding. We're on the Knot which has lots of great checklists, but I would really like a nice notebook or binder to keep stuff in. My good friend Tina, who got married in a beautiful resort in San Diego, made her own binder that was really nice. I'm organized--but not that creative. So I've been shopping around and a bride-to-be who chatted me up in the brides section of Barnes and Nobles suggested I look at Exclusively Weddings. She was right--they do have some nice things. But is this going over board?
I think it would be great to keep everything in one place but it is a little pricey. Should I splurge? I like the bag a lot though--will be great for the honeymoon too. Anything other good organizer ideas out there????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)

4 comments:
It's not an organizer, but one book I found really helpful to read while I was engaged was "The Conscious Bride." - and from a quick amazon search it looks like there's now a companion planner.
As for the one you pictured - it looks a little over the top to me. I agree that it's helpful to keep eveything in one place, but don't you have a bag you could use that you already own.
Just my 2C. Feel free to ignore.
Thanks guys--I really was looking for another suggestion because I haven't found ANY organizers that I like. I'm going to look into the one sciencewoman suggests--it sounds more my spend--and more on what we're interested in--long term planning for both the wedding and for marriage. I hope I can find it in a store to look at.
I am VERY VERY VERY picky about agenda type books, but I do need something because I know nothing about this business. With the dissertation, at least I knew what I was getting into--but with a wedding/marriage--I know nothing. Hardly anyone in my family is married and the only wedding I've been to that I really remember and was involved in was my friend Tina. So this is definitely really new territory for me!!!
(And I have a thing for bags--I can't help it. That is my one accessory weakness!!)
I understand the affinity for bags, I'm in that same boat. I do, however, agree with the others. That may be a bit too much.
Here's a tip that has zero to do with actually organizing: Save all your receipts and notes and whatnot from this process. They make GREAT keepsakes--and also can occassionally help you keep things in perspective years down the line.
Happy planning!
Post a Comment