Given the increasingly personal nature of this space--why not! From Professing Mama's.
Directions: fill this out in your own words and repost as, "My autobiography."
1.Where did you take or get your profile picture? N/A
2.What exactly are you wearing right now? Aqua blue mesh T-shirt and Gray cropped sweatpants. I don't like cropped pants/capris as a rule, but my mom bought these for herself and was sadly mistaken to think she could wear them.
3.What is your current problem? Grading papers.
4.What makes you most happy? Being with Dr. J.
5.What's the name of the song that you're listening to? Nothing at the moment. Last song on the radio when I got out of the car tonight was Toni Braxton--Please.
6.Has anyone you've been really close with passed away? Yes.
7.Do you ever watch MTV? Not nearly as much as I once did. I've aged out of their target audience it seems. Sigh.
8.What's something that really annoys you? People who don't wash their hands--especially in public restrooms.
Chapter 1: All About You
1.Middle name: Mom's middle name with a different first letter
2.Nickname(s): Mon
3.Current location: Gorgeous City, Southeast USA
4.Eye color: A Beautiful Brown
Chapter 2:Family
1.Do you live with your parents: Not anymore! Finally!
2.Do you get along with your parent(s):Depends on who is around
3.Are your parents married/separated/divorced: No affiliation
4.Do you have any Siblings? No
Chapter 3: favorite...
1. Ice Cream: Snickerdoodle from Marble Slab (or some regular ol' chocolate chip cookie dough)
2.Season: Fall
3.Shampoo/conditioner: Dudley's The Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner.
Chapter 4: Do You..
1.Dance in the shower: No--that could be dangerous.
2.Write on your hand: No! That annoys me too.
3.Call people back: Depends--eventually--maybe. Ok no not really.
4.Believe in love: Of course I do!!
5.Sleep on a certain side of the bed: Seasonally.
6. Any bad habits: Procrastination!!
7. Any mental health issues? I'm definitely too hard on myself which leads to all types of issues.
Chapter 5: Have You...
1.Broken a bone: Nope.
2.Sprained stuff: Nope.
3.Had physical therapy?: Yes--for my shoulder.
4.Gotten stitches: Yes--for a keloid removed from my ear. And maybe one other time when I was younger, but I can't remember.
5.Taken Pain killers? Every month!
6.Gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling: Not yet. Although that whole Crocodile Hunter thing is really messing with my honeymoon ideas.
7.Been stung by a bee: I was stung by some unknown flying thing in my first year at College Town. It hurt like a mug but I don't think it was a bee.
8.Thrown up at the dentist: Uh no--weird question.
9.Sworn in front of your parents: Nope.
10.Had detention: Hmmm. Don't believe I did.
11.Been sent to the principal's office: Only to hang out.
12.Been called a ho? I don't know anyone that stupid.
Chapter 6: Who/What was the last
1.Movie(s): Talladega Nights.
2.Person to text you: Dr. J.
3.Person you called: Dr. J.
4.Person you hugged: A new colleague
5.Person you tackled? Dr. J--although I can't tackle him--I make very poor attempts from time to time.
6.Thing you touched: My couch.
7.Thing you ate: Some Cheez-Its.
8.Thing you drank: Orange Kool-Aid.
9.Thing you said: Bye.
10.Friend you miss the most that has moved: Since moving from Hometown, I miss my Sunday conversations with my cousin the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment