Ch-Ch-Ch Changes!

It is a new semester and a new adventure in my life is beginning. So you know what that means--time for a new look for the blog! It's girly, it's crisp, and it's just about Tiffany Blue! It's perfect for the new direction for this space.

After I finished the dissertation, I found myself struggling to write--I felt myself going all over the place. That was especially difficult given that this blog started as so focused and goal-oriented. My time away from the blog has been good. I miss writing every day--I miss the community--I miss the time to sit and focus and think about my day.

So I'm coming back to blogging again. This time with a different focus--planning for a wedding and planning for a life with the wonderful Dr. J. This space will probably be much more personal than it was last year--and I think I am okay with that as it was already starting to move in a more personal direction. The one thing I think will be missing the most from this revised blog is that I won't talk so much about university life here. Life in academia will probably only arise as it relates to Dr. J and I preparing for our dual academic careers together.

I've realized that I need a different space to talk about university life--one with more privacy--one that speaks to a very particular audience--one that I can start after I've been on the job a bit longer. I've only been in classes for two weeks now (and it is going great and I love it), and I just want to take some time to experience it for a while before I figure out how to incorporate blogging into that aspect of my life. I know I'm going to want an academic space in the future; I already have questions that I would like to discuss/think through in a public forum type fashion. I especially would like to blend my interests in race and gender and politics into a blog--just not yet.

So for now, this is a new start. Welcome to my so-called engaged life.

10 comments:

phd me said...

Oh, it's so good to have you back!! Love the new template, too. Very glad classes are going well for you (not so sure on my end...)! You're such a happy little Mon, it just make me smile. See? :)

RageyOne said...

Welcome back! Nice looking temmplate! Looking forward to hearing about the new changes in your life.

Genealogy Spice said...

Welcome back :-). I love the new blog template...enough to want to ask you where you found it so that I can draw on the same bank as it were. Good luck with teaching as a qualified Ph.D. Update: the chapter that consumed my life is now done and I've moved on to the next one....all I'm going to say is "whew!". Looking forward to hearing about all your new life phases....thanks for continuing to share.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :) I'm glad things are going well and I'm really glad you've invited your readers along for the next phase of your so called (charmed) life. :)

Texter said...

Hi, Thanks for popping on over; I was surprised to see Mon re-appear! And when I came over here, the polka dots blinded me for sec, but I'm recovered and your space is sparkling... May the blessings continue.

Mon said...

Yeah happy little Mon is back Doc--just finished gradin my first round of response papers--not so happy any more.

It is good to be back--I have so much on my mind right now. Hopefully writing again will help me clear some things out. Not sure if I have a charmed life but I've definitely been blessed of late and I'm grateful for that.

GS--congrats on getting that chapter out!!! You go!! The link to template designer is in my sidebar under "Powered By." Enjoy!

colored me said...

lovely tiffany blue! good luck with the wedding plans and new job. lots of great new changes.

Leslie M-B said...

I love the new template, and I'm glad to see you'll be blogging this next chapter of your life.

Anonymous said...

Saw on old post where the lyrics to "Gone" were displayed. Do you know the lyrics to a song from long ago that goes as follows:

Jesus Christ the Lord opened up the way to Glory
When he died to save us from our ruined state.
And he asked that we shall go tell the world the story
How his love can save us from our awful fate.

Oh, Jesus opened up the way to heaven's gate
When he died on the cross
To redeem all the lost.

That's all I can remember. Probably incorrect. Have you or anyone else ever heard this?

Mon said...

Anon--
I've never heard that one! I'll have to ask my grandmother--she knows many an old gospel song!