Good and Busy

I cannot say enough how nice it is to have Dr. J. New School City is his hometown, but it was so nice to hear him say he was coming home--to me. We stayed up until probably 7 this morning--just talking about all sorts of things concerning us. It has been a while since we've done that, and I'm starting to feel it now. Somehow I still had the energy to do a good bit of shopping and cooking today (and I hate to cook). I made a nice salmon dish with yellow rice--I should have taken a picture of it like B* and ProfMe--next time I make it I definitely will.

In any event, Dr. J has some dissertation business to take care of while he's in town, so I'm trying to use the moments we aren't together to get things in order for classes. Preparing for this new course (new to me) is becoming a bit more time-consuming than I expected. Especially putting together assignment descriptions. I tried to find some similar assignments on-line, but I haven't had much luck. So for the most part, I'm starting from scratch. But I have about 75% of that work done. I want to get everything drafted at least before I head out of town for graduation this weekend. (Congrats to Melyssa who is also walkin the stage!) Unfortunately, I haven't made much progress on the book chapter that is due next week--hopefully the approaching deadline will light a fire under my behind before the week is out.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

YAY! Dr. J is there! Enjoy you time together.

Can you post the recipe? Sounds delish.

melyssa said...

i love those late night/early morning conversations.

thanks for the shout out!