My favorite canon of rhetoric has always been invention--finding what to say in the midst of a dynamic situation. The process of creating is both exciting and challenging; most days I am up to the challenge.
But finding a space to create has been difficult in the midst of so many life changes year after year. The move home. The dissertation. The degree. The new job. The 2nd move. The engagement. The marriage. The 3rd move. The 2nd new job. The 4th move. The new 4/4 teaching load. The new house. The 5th move.
In the midst of the changes that at times leave me spinning, I'm approaching the first state of stability in a while. This is my first summer without teaching since the dissertation, and I'm hoping to use it for getting some writing done in preparation for my 3rd year review. A few weeks of writing in circles has led me back to this blog--a place where I found a wonderful space for invention years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
4 comments:
Yay! Glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to catching up on your adventures!
hi! I would love to hear more about your current life! It's nice to have you back. :)
Enjoy your summer of not-teaching!
oh! I just saw your link! That is so nice. Thank you. You were still in my Bloglines, so it was a treat to get an update from you today.
So glad so see you're back! :)
Post a Comment