Today's an office day for me, but I'm already feeling like I should have stayed home. Things I've learned so far that I'd rather not know:
1. My university--particularly my college--had no consistency in midtenure reviews this past year. One candidate received a good review from the department, but was slammed by the admins for a dumb reason (too specific to say here, but trust me it's as dumb as not liking the color shirt s/he wears). A second candidate has a nationally recognized research agenda but was told that should devote their energies to being like someone else in their dept (someone who is pretty much a committee nut). A third candidate received an okay review (with no previous written annual evaluations) and was fired.
2. A second person was fired in my college. Security has been beefed up as a result of these employment decisions.
3. When I go to my midtenure meeting with the college, there is a good chance I won't have a say in who chooses to accompany me (which will be different from the past).
The things I learned today go beyond what I'm comfortable writing here. I'm glad my faith and peace are centered outside of my job, because this place is getting nuttier by the minute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment