We Object!

After my recent post about "professional hair," I was surprised to hear about this Glamour editor who recently gave a presentation before a law firm.

First slide up: an African-American woman sporting an Afro. A real no-no, announced the Glamoureditor to the 40 or so lawyers in the room. As for dreadlocks: Howtruly dreadful! The style maven said it was "shocking" that some peoplestill think it "appropriate" to wear those hairstyles at the office."No offense," she sniffed, but those "political" hairstyles really haveto go.

Now, of course, I'm wondering why the editor of Glamour is speaking to this law firm, but in any case, this story is a trip. Law.com - Cleary Gottlieb Has a Bad Hair Day. Apparently there has been lots of reaction--I'm just a little late: Law.com - Bloggers Fan the Fury Over Hairstyle Advice to Cleary's African-American Lawyers.

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

0 comments: