Busy Wedding Weekend

I made a quick run to Hometown to handle some wedding business. Long story short, although our issues with the venue continue, we are making progress on finalizing the menu. It was tough going to the tasting without Dr. J being there. But since I wasn't completely satisfied with the chicken dish (too creamy), it looks like we'll have to schedule a second tasting.

Here's my favorites from the tasting:

A very very tasty vegetable and pepperjack cheese stuffed mushroom.

My favorite entree of the day (which may not be on the menu due to venue pricing changes) was the stuffed shrimp. Absolutely wonderful!!

Of course, we will be serving our wedding cake, but the menu comes with its own dessert choices. The best option was the cheesecake (with our choice of garnish--this one was a key lime and lemon scrape). So we have to make a decision--should we serve both cake and cheesecake and allow guests to choose? Or just go with the wedding cake?

That was part of my weekend. The other part was that I finally picked up our Save the Dates/Hotel Info cards and put down the deposit on our cake. So I've been obsessing about finding everyone's address today when I was supposed to be working on my conference paper. Sigh.

3 comments:

elle said...

What else is on the shrimp plate? It looks good.

RageyOne said...

I heart stuffed mushrooms. :)

Will it cost an additional fee to serve the cheesecake and the wedding cake? Or better yet, will you get a break in price if you don't serve the cheesecake? It doesn't sound like it.

So my answer is to serve the cheesecake. Of course that is totally biased on my part because I love cheesecake and not wedding cake so much.

Mon said...

The shrimp plate was served with spinach (which I'm not a fan of) and mashed potatoes (which were absolutely wonderful.

We're still trying to find out how much of a "discount" we'll get if we don't serve the cheesecake (meaning they are going to make up a number). I love our wedding cake--it is really homemade and fresh--tastes like something my granny would make. But I love a good cheesecake too so I'd probably eat both (if people actually give me time to eat on my wedding day!)