I know I'm not the only one saying this today, but man it is hot outside.
I went outside to vote in a local special election and was assaulted by the heat the moment I opened the door. The school where I vote is right next door so I was surprised, but not discouraged as a few rain drops started falling as I turned the corner to go across the street. I was going to walk, but decided I'd go to the grocery store after I voted. I was glad I had my car because when I walked back outside, there was a serious summer thunderstorm going on. Sheets of rain, just hammering the ground. I had to make a run for it. I got soaked. Now normally, I'd be pissed. But it was so hot that the rain was just the right temperature. I'm back at home waiting for the rain to pass and drying out. I just checked the local station, hoping to see that the temperature had dropped outside with the rain. But of course, it is still blazing hot. A sizzling 99 degrees--heat index of 111. I hate the thought of going back to school in this kind of weather. Or trying to drive my car back to Hometown this weekend in the heat. Hopefully this wave of weather won't last too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education8 years ago
-
*waves*9 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment