Aimless

It is hard to be at all focused with Dr. J so far away. I woke up much later than I wanted to today and have just been floating around the house rather aimlessly. Except for the moments I've been on the phone with my honey, I really haven't gotten much accomplished.

Dr. J has had all kinds of relocation hassles today.
1) Of course, the movers aren't there today.
2) Since I did most of the driving when we were in River City last month, he got turned around pretty easily and lost his way to his new place. Fortunately, I was able to help him find his way via phone.
3) The person working in the leasing office today was a ditz--she gave him the wrong keys to move in.
4) After he finally got the correct key, he walked into a FILTHY, unfinished unit. (Keep in mind that this was already the third unit he'd been assigned. The one we'd originally picked out on our visit was suddenly unavailable after we left. The second unit he was assigned was changed just last week when the manager did a walk through and decided it smelled too bad with cat pee. So imagine our disgust to learn that this third unit was a mess!)
5) He had to wait an hour for the manager to show up and work to resolve the situation.
6) The manager showed him another unit in a better location that was brand new, but of course they haven't finished painting it yet. So Dr. J won't be in his apartment until Tuesday. Fortunately, the corporate office was able to put him up in one of their furnished executive units at another complex for the weekend.

Hopefully the movers will arrive just in time for his return to his unit on Tuesday.

Now that I'm done worrying about him, the day is just about over here! I'm going to try to be a little less aimless. I have some work to finish for a magazine and I need to clean up because Mother is coming down tomorrow to help my cousin relocate. But goodness I miss Dr. J and could use a few more days to just mope and wander around my place.

0 comments: