Today I had a dissertation flashback. "If I must cry, I shall cry and write at the same time."
I've been feeling down for the past few days. Some of it is just due to too much time in the house by myself. But a lot of it is due to my dissatisfaction with my work this summer. I can't believe it is already July. It is getting increasingly difficult for me to see why I didn't just go ahead and teach this summer. I would still feel like my writing was suffering, but without the stress of how are we going to pay next month's bills.
Sigh.
I've got the writing blues today. I did a little reading and typed about 100 words worth of quotes I want to use in my Major Article. I may try to do a little more before calling it a weekend; I may not.
Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment