Finals--I Need a Vacation

As usual, it is finals time, and I'm scrambling to get on top of all these papers and projects that I assigned. My students are right to ask--why do we all do this every semester? I know that it is important for them to be able to write and put together all of the knowledge that they've learned. But goodness, this means more grading than I really have the patience for at this moment. So before Dr. J gets in town next week (YEAH!) and we begin our whirlwind of holiday/wedding related activities, I need to:
  • Administer one more final exam
  • Grade finals from Major Course #1
  • Grade finals from Major Course #2
  • Grade final essays from Major Course #1 (fortunately these are rewrites so I don't really have to read them)
  • Grade final essays from Major Course #2
  • Finish grading final projects for Specialty Class (only seven more to go--I'll finish them the next time I'm in the office)
  • Finish an essay and submit it to a journal
After Dr. J gets here, I still need to send off one more application for a job posting that just came out for a school we are both interested in.

So with all of this end of the semester stuff going on, we took some time tonight to do something we've just been talking about forever--planning our honeymoon. We are actually now officially going on vacation. After the wedding we'll be heading to Hawaii! We have our plane tickets booked and our hotel reserved.

I wish we could take this vacation now!

1 comments:

RageyOne said...

get that grading so you can devote your holiday time to Dr. J.

good that you all decided to do a honeymoon. it will be needed after all of the planning and celebrations. a good time for rest, relaxation, and other fun stuff. :)