Between the end of the semester crunch and Dr. J's IRB drama that never ends, my general engagement bliss and marriage floating has been somewhat diminished. Dr. J and I do what we can to enjoy our engagement. Our phone/TV dates haven't ceased (if anything they have gotten a little longer), and we have had some good time together this month. We've looked at color swatches and watched a few wedding shows. But let's be honest--I want more! I'm eager for the holidays so we can spend some quality time together without the distractions of academic life. I think that the next two things on our list will be meeting with potential coordinators, finding a photographer for our engagement photos, and beginning to draft a guest list. We have an idea of how many people we want to invite, but I fear that until we start writing it down, we won't know how far or how close we are to our ideal. Most of all I just want to take my fiance out on a real date and get back to floating.
This grading final papers stuff is for the birds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
1 comments:
Hey Mon --
It's been a while -- just wanted to check in. I hope all is well!
SG
Post a Comment