After going to a wonderful conference earlier this month, I was hoping to do a better job with research and writing during the second half of the semester. My efforts have pretty much been in vain, as I just can't seem to get caught up with my students this semester or avoid trips to Hometown for one wedding thing or another.
To add to my "issues" of the moment, I finally decided this week (or rather the deadlines finally motivated me) that I should really get my act in gear to apply for jobs for upcoming Major Conference. I've been putting it off--hoping that some miracle would occur for Dr. J to have a job here in Gorgeous City or for me to have one in River City. No such luck.
Suddenly, in writing a cover letter it becomes even more apparent that I really have no reason to be applying to institutions that are near Dr. J--several have high research standards and make that very apparent in their ads. I feel so completely underqualified and overwhelmed. I'm fighting every second the urge to just through in the towel and say why bother.
But being closer to Dr. J is definitely worth battling the immense feelings of inferiority I have right now in asking some of these institutions to consider hiring me based on "potential."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment