Dr. J has been in Gorgeous City since the retirement party last Saturday. Needless to say I've been in heaven and we've been very very busy! Of our few wedding planning weeks together, this week was definitely our most productive week. I think both of us feel reenergized and our excitement and enthusiasm is back after a brief lull of distance-related-emotions.
The biggest accomplishment of the week is that we finally (well I finally) decided on which city the wedding will be in. I've been wanting to have the wedding here in Gorgeous City because it is just that--gorgeous. But as we looked through our options, we found that the places we really liked were just outside of our budget or they only accomodated outdoor weddings (which I do not want). Dr. J has been very adamant about letting me know that choosing the city was up to me--that he would marry me wherever. Hometown was the obvious choice but frankly, I don't like Hometown. It is boring and largely unattractive and since I don't live there anymore, it means that I will have to take a nice drive every time a big arrangment needs to be made. BUT after looking around Hometown a bit, we found some options for location that we are both feeling good about. I can't go into too much detail yet because nothing is certain, but we can both now visualize getting married in Hometown well within our budget.
So it was a good week. I haven't gotten much grading down and my car is acting up--but a good week nonetheless. I'll be sad to see Dr. J go tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Married. Relocated. Teaching. Writing. Believing. Dreaming.
--Dr. Mon
--Dr. Mon
Blogs I'm Rediscovering
-
-
Tourist Day 1 Recap1 year ago
-
Social media in education7 years ago
-
*waves*8 years ago
-
Secret thank you to a stranger11 years ago
-
-
-
Housekeeping13 years ago
-
-
This blog has hit the road. . .15 years ago
-
-
-
Labels
Black studies
(17)
Black women
(12)
TV
(1)
blog
(11)
defense
(10)
dissertation
(200)
faculty life
(29)
hair
(2)
job
(6)
job market
(32)
just me
(76)
married life
(5)
meme
(31)
music
(2)
poetry
(11)
politics
(11)
pubs and papers
(20)
race class gender
(7)
relationship
(36)
sports
(1)
students
(2)
teaching
(25)
technology
(2)
wedding
(27)
women's history
(5)
writing
(11)
0 comments:
Post a Comment